Dikki Ellis has been associated with the Big Apple Circus for over 30 years. First as teacher then
as featured performer in 1989 “East Meets West” and 1999, “Happy On” shows under the
Big Top at Lincoln Center, NYC. As a Founding Member of “Clown Care Unit” in 1987, he
began a journey as clown Dr. Trikki. Twenty-Nine years later he still makes bedside rounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BFA Drama at the University North Carolina School of the Arts
• Circus Dimitri School, in Switzerland.
• 1980 Co-Founder of the Hanlon Lee Action Theater, First troupe to perform theatrical jousting in America.
• 1987 Founding Member of Big Apple Circus, Clown Care Unit, featured in Life Magazine 1990.
• 1990 received Raoul Wallenberg Award in recognition of humanitarian causes.
• 1994 to present, Director of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, clown devision
• 1995 Guest Artist at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts still on going.
• 1997 Artistic Director of A.R.C.H. Artists Reaching Children in Hospitals, Winston-Salem, NC
• 2005 received a Life Time Achievement Award from the Big Apple Circus. Contribution to Clown Care.
• Co-producer “The Wonder Quest”. A traveling, magical, T.V. show for children.
• Co-producer “The Secrets of Magic” DVD collection. Teaching Magic.
For the past 30 years Dikki has successfully produced his own one man show “The Dikki Ellis Show”. At over 200 performances each year he enjoys a busy but happy life with his wife Robin in West Orange, NJ.